Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Estimated Completion Time: 12 hours
Contact Hours: 12.0
Expiration Date: 08/01/2013
|Registration: Registration is free to those given an access code through participation in the certification program to administer children's long term support functional screens for an agency approved by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS). For more information about the DHS Functional Screener Program visit: Wisconsin's Functional Screen. |
The registration fee is $75 for all others.
|Continuing Education Units and ANCC Contact Hours for Successful Completion:
This online course consists of 11 modules that are taken in order. When you successfully complete a module (i.e., pass the quiz), you will automatically receive access to the next module. After successful completion of all 11 course modules, you will receive a certificate of completion awarding 12.0 ANCC Contact Hours and 1.2 CEUs. Print the certificate of completion for your records.
Prerequisite for Functional Screener Certification in Wisconsin?
If you are using this online CE course as a prerequisite for functional screener certification administered by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), you must send your certificate of completion to DHS.
To develop a comprehensive understanding of how to administer and complete the Children's Long Term Support Functional Screen for individuals applying for Wisconsin's long term support programs.
Registered nurses and health care professionals in Wisconsin
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Have an overview of the CLTS Functional Screen history and purpose;
- Accurately provide the demographic and identification information on the Informational
- Know how to use the Diagnoses Cue Sheet and list current diagnoses and identify presenting
- Complete the Mental Health page with consideration to duration, symptoms, services and rare
- Identify and record the frequency of specific behaviors and the current interventions being
- Capture every child's significant functional impairments in Activities of Daily Living
and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living;
- Answer the required questions on the work and school page of the functional screen;
- Apply their knowledge of health-related services;
- Provide the necessary screen completion information; and
- Properly interpret and use the final functional eligibility results.
- Windows Vista, XP or 2000 operating system
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or above Web browser
- Reliable DSL/cable (wired connection); Bandwidth: 256 Kbps (512 Kbps recommended)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above
- Adobe Flash Player Version 8 or above
- Speakers or headset to hear audio (presentations have closed captioning if you cannot hear the audio)
Functional Screener courses are developed for Wisconsin registered nurses and health care professionals participating in the certification program to administer functional screens for an agency approved by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS). For more information about Wisconsin's Functional Screen visit: http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/LTCare/FunctionalScreen/
Children's Long Term Support Functional Screen News
||Learner Support - Need help using our learning portal? Have questions about this online course? Contact Learner Support at: