- Q: I don’t quite understand how this whole course works. How can I find
A: Go to the Welcome section. You will learn
about the course modules and screener qualifications.
- Q: How do I begin the course?
A: Return to the course Home Page
and then click on the folder called "Module 1: Overview of the LTC
- Q: I can't click on the Module 1 folder to start the course. Why not?
A: You need to create a user account and register for the course before you
can begin Module 1. Return to the Home Page
and then click on the button called "3-Create user account &
register." If you have already created an account, Log-in and then
click "registration" link located above the Module 1 folder.
- Q: How can I tell if I'm logged in or not?
A: If you are logged in, you will see on the Home
Page, "Hello" followed by your first name (e.g., Hello Nancy)
in the top red banner, under the four black tabs. If you are not logged in,
you will see "Hello Visitor."
- Q: What is the Access Code for registration?
A: Contact your supervisor or agency "Screen Liaison" for the
required Access Code. If you still need help registering, contact the DHS SOS Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Q: Do I have to take the whole course in one day?
A: No. You can complete the course
at your own pace, logging in and out each day as time permits. Just remember
to complete an exam before you log out if you are in the middle of one!
- Q: Can I view or print the scenarios so I can refer back to them when I take the
A: Yes. The scenarios are available as one comprehensive file (From the Course Content
page, click on the "Scenarios"
link). A link to the complete scenarios is also available at the top of each
module's scenario page (click on the "Scenarios for Entire Course"
link). To print the scenarios, click the print button from your web browser’s
- Q: Can I use the instructions as I take the exams?
A: Yes. Your best approach is to thoroughly study each module
and go through the scenarios and practice tests before attempting the exam.
- Q: Which exam is the hardest?
A: Feedback from students who have completed the course indicates that
Module 6 "Health Related Services" can be one of the more
challenging modules. You may want to especially study this area prior to
taking the exam.
- Q: If I don't pass, how many times can I re-take an exam?
A: You can keep re-taking each exam until you pass. A passing score is
80% or higher. There is no time limit to complete each exam.
- Q: I can't click on the folder to start the next module. Why not?
A: You must pass the exam in the previous module before the next one becomes
available. Return to the last module you were in and take the exam until you
pass. Once you pass, return to the course Home Page
and the next module should be available. If not, call the DHS SOS Help Desk
- Q: I hate surveys. Do I have to complete that "Course Completion and
A: Yes, you must complete this survey in order to notify the certifying authority at
DHS that you have successfully completed the course.
After completing the survey, a certificate
with 12 contact hours/1.2 continuing education credits will be generated for you.
- Q: How do I get my Certificate?
A: After you pass the exam in Module 10, you will need to fill out a completion
survey. After you submit the survey, click on the button to view your
certificate. Print your certificate and then sign it. Check with your supervisor
or agency "Screen Liaison" to see if they need a copy to confirm you
completed the course.
Back to Top | Return to Home